The parish of Clerihan is in the archdiocese of Cashel & Emly, even though the church is in the village of Clerihan the parish expands out to border New Inn & Fethard parishes and the diocese of Waterford & Lismore. St Michael’s Church was built around 1816-1817, the Parish Priest at the time was Fr William Howley. Clerihan Parish has been very fortunate down through the years with its Parish Priests and especially most recently with Fr Ailbe O’Bric who sadly passed way on the 4 th of August 2018.
St Michael’s Church has been refurbished during its two-hundred-year history and once again it needs major refurbishment. A fundraising committee has been set up to try and raise the €600,000 required to renovate the church.